Friday, August 19, 2016

Using Amope Foot Care Products for the Best At-Home Pedicure You’ve Ever Had

Would you believe me if I told you I’ve only had one professional pedicure? It’s true. I’ve had a lot of manicures and enjoy them, but I actually prefer doing my own pedicures. Not only does it save me time and money, but it’s my moment at home to step away from the busyness of every day life and pamper myself. It’s definitely something I look forward to and it gives me #SoftFeetAllSummer.

Amope

Over the years, I’d like to think I’ve gotten pretty good at doing my own pedicures. I do them a lot in the summer because I am so rough on my feet! From walking around barefoot in my home to our neighborhood pool (the concrete does a number on my feet), if I don’t take care of them they can start to look pretty rough.

Here are my six steps to the best at-home pedicure you’ve ever had.

1. Deal with the rough skin

Instead of soaking my feet to loosen up the dead skin and then using a pumice stone like I used to, I deal with the rough skin on my feet in the shower. I’ve been using the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet & Dry Electronic Foot File for a couple of months and it’s now my favorite tool for incredibly soft feet. I like that I can use it in the shower or use it dry.

amope-wet-and-dry-pedi-02

You can also soak your feet for about 10 minutes in warm water, dry them well and then follow up with the Amopé Pedi Perfect electronic foot file, another one of their products.

amope 01

This tool will smooth your feet quickly and give you maximum exfoliation, thanks to the finely ground Diamond crystals in the replaceable roller head. There’s a roller head for every need – coarse for regular skin, extra coarse for hard, callused skin & soft touch for a smooth finish.

amope electronic nail file 03

If you’d like to try one of these products now is the time! I picked up the Amopé Pedi Perfect Electronic Nail File from my local CVS and used a high value, $15 off coupon. Here are the available coupons:

The coupons are good from 8/14/16 to 8/28/16.

Amope logo

2. Trim your nails

Before you trim, apply a cuticle softener so it has plenty of time to work. Then trim your toe nails, making sure you don’t trim them too short, which can cause ingrown toe nails. After they’re trimmed, use the Amopé Pedi Perfect electronic nail file to shape them. You’ll love how fast it is with this nail file and how easily it gives you nicely shaped nails.

3. Take care of your cuticles

Now that your cuticles are soft, you can cut them if necessary or push them back with a cuticle pusher. This will help give your nails and feet a nice clean look.

4. Massage in some oil

The one thing I did enjoy about my professional pedicure was the oil massage. If you want to go all out, wrap some hot towels on your feet and legs for a few minutes. Remove them and then apply the oil. It’s relaxing and feels incredible! As you’re applying the oil, give yourself a nice massage on the tops and bottoms of your feet, as well as your ankles, shins and calves.

Wash your feet and then pat dry.

5. Give your feet some hydration

Now that your feet are rid of dry calloused skin, the nails are trimmed and cuticles are taken care of, it’s time to rub them down with lotion. Choose a heavy cream, one made for feet and heels, and rub it in everywhere – including your nails and cuticles. Give it some time to soak in and dry. This is the perfect time to read a book, listen to some music or close your eyes and relax.

6. Time to polish

This is my favorite part, applying nail polish. Choose a color you love and apply one coat, then let it dry. Apply a second coat, letting it dry before you apply a clear top coat. The top coat will give your nails a nice looking finish and will also help extend the life of your polish.

Now it’s time to look down at your feet and admire your handiwork. :) I hope you feel relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to show off those beautiful summer ready feet!

Pin this infographic to save for later!

6 Steps to the Best At-Home Pedicure You've Ever Had

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Amopé™. The opinions and text are all mine.

The post Using Amope Foot Care Products for the Best At-Home Pedicure You’ve Ever Had appeared first on Mom Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment