These 10 Instant Pot shredded chicken recipes are fast, flavorful and ideal for tasty weeknight meals the whole family will love.
I’ll never forget hearing about the Instant Pot for the first time as my Facebook friends were going nuts over a Black Friday deal. At first, I thought it was called an InstaPot and secondly, I thought they were all crazy – just buying another gadget that would collect dust.
And then I quietly bought one for myself.
And cooking has never been the same for me.
I am 100% addicted to using the Instant Pot for cooking. I’ve made soups, baked potatoes and even cooked an entire whole chicken in under an hour. What?! I know, crazy right? We’re downsizing big time and I can only bring a few kitchen items with me when we move. The Instant Pot is #1 on my ‘to keep’ list.
There are several Instant Pot’s to choose from:
- All new 2017 Instant Pot LUX 60 V3 is an upgraded version of the Instant Pot LUX60 model
- More choices + Instant Pot accessories can be found here
If you loved these shredded chicken recipes I posted awhile ago, and you’re an Instant Pot user, I think you’ll love the ones I rounded up today as well. (Keep scrolling to the bottom of this post where I answer some of the most common Instant Pot questions about cooking shredded chicken.)
10 Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken – This is the easiest, no-fail way to make shredded chicken in your Instant Pot. And you can use it in so many different recipes!
- Instant Pot Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken – This is the EASIEST Instant Pot recipe EVER! Just TWO ingredients: salsa and chicken plus some spices makes a delicious juicy chicken that can be used in tacos, over rice, salads and more!
- Chili Lime Chicken – Six minutes under high pressure and I get perfectly cooked, juicy, flavorful chicken that my family loves.
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast – And this particular Instant Pot chicken dish couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is put the chicken in the pot, season it, pour in some broth to provide the necessary liquid, seal it up, and push the “poultry” button. Seriously, that’s it!
- General Tso’s Instant Pot Shredded Chicken – Tender & moist pressure cooker pulled chicken soaked in sweet and sour sauce with a tad spicy kick. Easy to make & addictive to eat!
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos – This shredded chicken taco recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest that I’ve tried yet. Don’t be shy on the seasonings here.
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken – When you are in a pickle for dinner and you aren’t sure what to make, it’s this recipe that might just save you.
- Go-To Garlic N’ Herb Shredded Chicken – This just may be the most versatile chicken recipe in the Hungry Girl arsenal. Add it to salads, soups, wraps, scrambles… You name it! And if you prefer sliced chicken to shredded, slice to your heart’s content.
- Instant Pot Honey Buffalo Shredded Chicken – I sautéed my onions and garlic in that magic pot, once fragrant and translucent I then added the chicken and seasonings, hit the poultry button and walked away. I returned 15 minutes later to perfectly shreddable chicken!
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Recipe – Are you looking for an easy way to prepare pulled chicken? Pulled chicken can be used in casseroles, for tacos, enchiladas, and just about anywhere you like to use lean chicken breast.
- Bonus Recipe: The Creative Bite has 10 healthy Instant Pot recipes in one post! You’ll find all 10 of her amazing looking recipes, pictures, and instructions in one place. From Salsa Verde to Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. YUM!
Have you made any Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipes that you swear by? Let me know in the comments! I’m always looking for new recipes to try in this magical little cooking device.
Here are a few common questions about cooking shredded chicken in an Instant Pot:
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot?
The answer is yes! Since the chicken breasts are frozen, just know it’ll take a little longer for your Instant Pot to come to pressure. You’ll need to add that to your cooking time. It’s a good idea to time it the first time you do this, so you’ll know how long it takes your Instant Pot to come to pressure. Also, remember to natural release the pressure when the cooking time is over.
How Do You Cook Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot?
It all depends on the recipe you’re using, but they are all simple and under 15 minutes. Some recipes have you add seasonings and pour a broth mixture over it, while others have you add nothing but the chicken breasts. Just be sure to read the recipe from beginning to end, as well as your pressure cooker manual if this is your first time using it.
Can You Cook Shredded Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can cook breasts, thighs and even a whole chicken very quickly. Which is what makes this such a versatile cooking gadget for your kitchen.
If you liked this post, please share it or pin it on Pinterest to save for later!
The post 10 Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipes You’ll Absolutely Love appeared first on Mom Fabulous.