Friday, March 24, 2017

5 Tips to a Brighter Smile for a Big Boost in Confidence

If you find yourself covering your mouth when you laugh or looking at pictures of yourself and cringing, a brighter smile could help give you just the boost of confidence you need.

If you find yourself covering your mouth when you laugh or looking at pictures of yourself and cringing, a brighter smile could help give you just the boost of confidence you need.

I’ll never forget the first time I noticed my teeth weren’t as white as I would like them to be. A friend had uploaded a picture of us on Facebook, tagged me in it and there it was…she had a gorgeous white smile and mine was, well not what I would have liked it to be. That dull yellowish smile made me look older than I was and that, my friends, was frustrating.

So, I starting reading up on ways to get a brighter smile and after using some of the tips I found, I’m happy to say I can now smile with confidence. In fact, people compliment my smile out of the blue all the time. Talk about a great feeling!

If you’re looking for ways to give you a smile you feel great about, these 5 tips will help.

5 Tips for a Brighter Smile

Use a teeth whitening kit that actually works

When it comes to teeth whitening kits, I’ve tried just about all them. From gooey gels that made me gag to ones that made my gums super sensitive, I’ve spent what feels like a small fortune to get whiter teeth.

Teeth Whitening KitWhat I wanted was a kit that a) worked b) didn’t bother my sensitive teeth and gums and c) didn’t cost a ton of money. Thankfully I found a teeth whitening kit that checked off all those boxes, plus it was created by dentists.

Have you heard of the Luster Pro Light Dental Whitening System? It’s what I’m currently using and the results have me doing a little happy dance. Here’s why I like it and why it’s my teeth whitening kit of choice:

  • There are no messy strips or trays
  • It uses the same whitening light technology found in dental offices
  • It has no tooth sensitivity
  • You can get results in as little as 30 minutes
  • It works!

How to get a brighter smile

You can find out more about this teeth whitening kit or purchase one for yourself here. If it’s out of stock on Amazon (there was only one in stock at the time of this writing) check Target or Walmart.

Select the right shade of lipstick

Selecting the right shade of lipstick can go a long way in helping your smile look brighter. There are shades that can actually make your teeth look yellower than they are, which you obviously don’t want. And then there are shades that help enhance your smile, helping to make your teeth appear whiter.

For pink shades, look for ones with a blue undertone and stay away from ones that have a yellow or orange undertone to them. Berry pink is a nice shade to try and can really go a long way in brightening your smile.

If you really want your smile to pop (and look super confident in the process) go with a red lipstick that has a blue undertone and just like the pink shades, stay away from orange undertones.

Stay away from darker shades like purple and browns, which generally emphasize any yellowing of your teeth.

If you’re having troubles choosing the right lipstick shade, you can reference this handy guide I wrote about finding the right lipstick for your skin tone.

Drink from a Straw

It’s a little-known fact that drinks like coffee, tea, and red wine can stain your teeth. If you have no desire to give them up (like myself) one way to avoid it is to drink from a straw. 

But, if drinking your glass of red wine with a straw seems like the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever heard, opt for swishing with water immediately after you’re done with your drink. You can also lightly brush your teeth afterward to avoid stains.

Snack on raw fruits and vegetables

Not only is snacking on raw fruits and vegetables good for you and a healthy habit worth developing, it also helps in removing bacteria and mild surface stains from your teeth. In fact, there are even foods that can help whiten your teeth naturally.

If you’re wondering what foods will make your teeth whiter so you can add them to your grocery list, keep reading.

Foods that help whiten your teeth naturally:

  • Strawberries
  • Apples
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Radishes

For an extensive article on foods that will whiten your teeth naturally, be sure to read this one from InStyle.

Go the natural route with charcoal

As I wrote in this post about activated charcoal products, they are very popular right now and for good reason. They work. Activated charcoal is great for your skin, helps with dandruff and it whitens your teeth. 

I’ve read article after article (and have seen the before and after pictures) of just how effective brushing with activated charcoal is. You have several options when it comes to products, with more coming out on the market every month.

There’s charcoal powder, charcoal toothpaste, and even a charcoal toothbrush.

Are you ready for the days of being embarrassed by your smile to be long gone? I sure was and am so glad I took action for a brighter smile. The next time a friend posts a picture of me on Facebook and tags me, I’ll be okay with it. 🙂

If you find yourself covering your mouth when you laugh or looking at pictures of yourself and cringing, a brighter smile could help give you just the boost of confidence you need.

The post 5 Tips to a Brighter Smile for a Big Boost in Confidence appeared first on Mom Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment