Monday, July 10, 2017

3 Things To Do Before Getting Out Of Bed (For An Awesome Day)

I am not a morning person, but I really dislike waking up in a grumpy mood. Here are 3 quick things I can do before my feet hit the ground to help me start my day off right.How to have an awesome day: I am not a morning person, but I really dislike waking up in a grumpy mood. Here are 3 quick things I can do before my feet hit the ground to help me start my day off right.Everyone wants to wake up, get out of bed, and be able to start their day in a good mood. However, automatically waking up in a good mood isn’t very common and is often difficult, especially if your night of sleep was less than ideal or the day ahead is going to be stressful. But, there are some ways you can start your day off with a heart full of gratitude and make leaving your cozy bed a little bit easier. 

3 Things To Do Before Getting Out Of Bed (For An Awesome Day)

1) Stretch 

The first thing I do when I wake up is stretch. Why? Because my first temptation when I wake up is to press the snooze button and get right back in bed. But stretching helps you wake up and prevents the urge to go back to sleep. Your muscles will feel less stiff and more relaxed, which is great if you sit at a desk often. Your range of movement throughout the day will increase, and you may even feel more relaxed.

Stretching in the morning has the ability to help your brain pause during your hectic morning routine, and relax. It’s just a few minutes dedicated to yourself to help get your day started on the right foot. 

2) Meditate 

After your stretches, take a couple minutes to meditate on what you are grateful for. You can do this by yourself with no noise, listening to music, or even listening to a meditation app. (There are so many free ones out there. There’s one for everybody!)

This is my favorite part of the day because it puts everything in perspective, especially when I wake up stressed or dreading the tasks I have to do on that day. Like stretching, it’s a break from a stressful morning routine. It also helps maintain a habit of mindfulness, which can be really difficult on busy mornings.

3) Smile 

They say that smiling can instantly perk you up and help set the tone for the day. When you smile, the brain releases different chemicals (serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins) that instantly make you feel just a little bit happier. Doing this first thing in the morning can be really beneficial to your brain, more than you might think, and your overall health can improve.

It’s like that old quote: “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” 

May your mornings be happy, peaceful, and full of joy and gratitude! Do you do anything first thing in the morning to start your day off right?

How to have an awesome day: I am not a morning person, but I really dislike waking up in a grumpy mood. Here are 3 quick things I can do before my feet hit the ground to help me start my day off right.

The post 3 Things To Do Before Getting Out Of Bed (For An Awesome Day) appeared first on Mom Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment